- DVD features ten FUN video lessons with original songs!
- CD features four original songs to engage auditory senses.
Good Morning at the Farm, The Number song, If you’re happy and
you know it, Take me out to the ballgame
- SPECIAL DVD FEATURE – two karaoke videos
Video modeling designed to take a child from basic language acquisition all the way through to complex, social skills acquisition including playing, conversing and engaging in appropriate socialization.
SOCIAL PLAY ACTIVITIES
- Make a photo album page with friends
- Do puzzles with friends
- Make a mask with art supplies and shapes
- Sing karaoke with friends
- Read a book and sing the farm song
- Make dinner with play dough
- Assemble a mural with a friend
- Play the game “pack your bag” with a friend
- Sing and act out the numbers song with friends
- Put together an opposites book with friends
DEVELOPMENTAL LESSONS/SKILLS – the who, what, where, when, why and how of development
- Familiar people in your life and their information
- Farm animal facts and fun
- Cutting and assembling art
- Glueing and making projects
- Playing appropriately with a friend
- Karaoke and singing
- Animal sounds – hearing and guessing
- Items and their function
- Numbers, counting, object matching and number song
The skills listed above are the primary skills that are modeled in both an isolated scenario and a play, social scenario. Inherent in any “real-life” situation is the use of many skills from areas of functioning. This is also true for these videos. There are endless skills modeled in this DVD – too many to list!
This applies to any situation in real-life – whether you are age 2 or age 65. We are surrounded by stimuli and many things happening at once. Natural learning takes place in this type of chaotic environment. Children with autism and other developmental delays often find this environment much too stimulating to function in, never mind learn in.
For this reason, we have chosen to focus our video lessons on specific skills or topics and have made the focus skill the “most” utilized and prominent skill in the lesson. That does not mean that it is the only skill taught, just the main focus.
VOCABULARY -Level I
- Visual/audio vocabulary builder for beginning learners – FLASHCARDS ALIVE! Teach a child what an item or action is before expecting usage of. Promote language acquisition.
ISOLATED SKILLS - Level 2
- Video modeling of isolated skill lesson - mimics a typical Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) or Verbal Behavior (VB) therapy session.
- Teaches a skill in ISOLATION to prepare child for using skill in a real life situation. Models appropriate action and language of the skill.
- Incorporates video modeling of appropriate attention, behavior and actions – teaching children how to work in a small group environment
PLAY SOCIAL ACTIVITY – Level 3
- Video modeling of children using the isolated skill in a fun real life play activity. Other skills modeled will include any of the skills necessary to participate in the activity including: social skills, functional skills, imitation skills, play skills and more. As each activity varies, the skills modeled vary also.
- Children learning through PLAY! Isolated teaching is a means to teach very specific skills to a child – but natural learning does not occur in isolation. It is our goal to educate children and build their confidence so that they can participate in play activities with their friends. When they are able to do so, natural learning begins!
Recommended Developmental Age: 2-8
Video Run Time: 1:21:09